This eagerly anticipated edition of Successful Event Management is the essential handbook for both practitioners and students.
This third edition combines a practical and theoretical overview and includes enhanced sections on Catering, Ticketing, Logistics and Operations. Featured are numerous case studies which provide real-world insights into all aspects of the organization and running of events.
The extensive companion website features many great resources such as PowerPoint slides, extra case studies with case study notes and web links to online resources.
List of figures.
List of case studies.
Forms for the new event organizer.
Part 1: THE EVENTS BUSINESS.
1. An introduction to events.
2. The market demand for events.
3. The events business: supply and suppliers.
4. Social, economic, political and developmental implications.
Part 2: MANAGING EVENTS.
5. Making a start and planning the event.
6. Financial management and the budget.
7. Event logistics.
8. Marketing and public relations for events.9. Risk management and legalities.
10. Event project management and set-up issues.
11. The organization manager and the team: during the event.
12. Closedown, evaluation and legacies.