Successful Event Management, A Practical Handbook (with CourseMate and eBook Access Card)
This eagerly anticipated edition of Successful Event Management is the essential handbook for both practitioners and students.
This third edition combines a practical and theoretical overview and includes enhanced sections on Catering, Ticketing, Logistics and Operations. Featured are numerous case studies which provide real-world insights into all aspects of the organization and running of events.
The extensive companion website features many great resources such as PowerPoint slides, extra case studies with case study notes and web links to online resources.
List of figures
List of case studies
Forms for the new event organizerPreface
Part 1: The events business
1. An introduction to events
2. The market demand for events
3. The events business: supply and suppliers
4. Social, economic, political and developmental implications
Part 2: Managing events
5. Making a start and planning the event
6. Financial management and the budget
7. Event logistics
8. Marketing and public relations for events
9. Risk management and legalities
10. Event project management and set-up issues
11. The organization manager and the team: during the event
12. Closedown, evaluation and legacies