The most comprehensive introduction to social research methods which guides students through the whole research process from formulating a research question to writing up.
This best-selling introduction to research methods provides students and researchers with unrivalled coverage of both quantitative and qualitative methods, making it invaluable for anyone embarking on social research.
Bridging the gap between theory and practice, Social Research Methods is packed full of engaging examples and practical tips to equip students with the tools and knowledge needed for them to complete their own research projects. In addition to providing practical advice, Bryman deftly explores the nature of social research and the wider issues impinging on it.
This book is supported by an Online Resource Centre, which includes:
· A researcher\'s toolkit to take students step by step through the research process
· Multiple choice questions to help students test their knowledge and understanding
· A guide to using Excel in data analysis to help develop analytical skills
· A test bank of questions which can be customized to meet teachingneeds
· PowerPoint slides for each chapter
· New seminar outlines including suggested activities and tasks · New exam and course work questions to set in class
Review from previous edition Perfectly organized and precisely written, Bryman\'s Social Research Methods remains the essential text. The book will continue to underpin research methods teaching across the social sciences, and to shape, guide and spur on the work of current and future generations of social researchers. Richard Giulianotti, Professor of Sociology, Durham University