with featured article "What Makes an Effective Executive," by Peter F. Drucker
Go from being a good manager to an extraordinary leader.
If you read nothing else on leadership, read these 10 articles (featuring "What Makes an Effective Executive," by Peter F. Drucker). We\'ve combed through hundreds of Harvard Business Review articles on leadership and selected the most important ones to help you maximize your own and your organization\'s performance.
HBR\'s 10 Must Reads On Leadership will inspire you to:
Motivate others to excelBuild your team\'s self-confidence in othersProvoke positive changeSet directionEncourage smart risk-takingManage with tough empathyCredit others for your successIncrease self-awarenessDraw strength from adversity
This collection of best-selling articles includes: featured article "What Makes an Effective Executive" by Peter F. Drucker, "What Makes a Leader?" "What Leaders Really Do," "The Work of Leadership," "Why Should Anyone Be Led by You?" "Crucibles of Leadership," "Level 5 Leadership: The Triumph of Humility and Fierce Resolve," "Seven Transformations of Leadership," "Discovering Your Authentic Leadership," and "In Praise of the Incomplete Leader."
1. What Makes a Leader? Daniel Goleman
2. What Makes an Effective Executive Peter F. Drucker
3. What Leaders Really Do John P. Kotter
4. The Work of Leadership Heifetz, Ronald A. and Laurie, Donald L.
5. Why Should Anyone Be Led by You? Goffee, Robert and Jones, Gareth
6. Crucibles of Leadership Bennis, Warren G. and Thomas, Robert J.
7. Level 5 Leadership: The Triumph of Humility and Fierce Resolve Collins, Jim
8. Seven Transformations of Leadership Rooke, David and Torbert, William R.
9. Discovering Your Authentic Leadership Bill George, Peter Sims, Andrew N. McLean, and Diana Mayer
10. In Praise of the Incomplete Leader Deborah Ancona, Thomas W. Malone, Wanda J. Orlikowski, and Peter M. Senge