Ecuador is compact by South American standards, yet it boasts extraordinary diversity. Footprint's 8th edition Ecuador & Galápagos Handbook will guide you from the lush Amazon jungle canopy to the beautiful Pacific beaches, with smoking snow-capped volcanoes in between.
- Loaded with information and suggestions on how to get off the beaten track, from remote towns with traditional fiestas to mountaineering and paragliding
- Includes comprehensive information on everything from transport and practicalities to history, culture & landscape, as well as a - full-colour Galápagos wildlife feature
- Plus all the usual accommodation, eating and drinking listings for every budget
- Full-colour planning section to inspire and help you find the best experiences
- Personal recommendations from the authors on everything from hiking and birdwatching, to the best colonial sights and local crafts
From exploring the colonial districts of Quito to indulging your senses at a authentic market, Footprint's fully updated 8th edition will help you navigate this inspirational destination.
1) Planning your trip 2) Quito and around 3) Northern Highlands 4) Central Highlands 5) Southern Highlands 6) Guayaquil and south to Peru 7) Northern Pacific lowlands 8) The Oriente 9) Galapagos Islands 10) Background 11) Practicalities 12) Footnotes