Packed with up-to-date information on Scotland's most famous island Skye and the remote Outer Hebrides, this Footprintfocus guide will enable you to see some of Britain's most breathtaking scenery in person.
These remote islands, stretching out into the Atlantic Ocean like stepping stones in a vast lake, lie at the extremity of the British Isles and the very edge of our imagination. Hike through the Isle of Skye and feel your heart soar at the sight of surreal rock formations, wild emerald pastures, and implacable mountains rising from the sea. Footprintfocus will guide you from these wondrous sights to the Outer Hebrides where you'll experience true remoteness - fierce Atlantic winds, bleak peat bogs, and endless tiny lochs. These are the islands of emptiness, and there's nowhere like them on earth.
- Includes Essentials section with practical information on getting from island to island.
- Get off the beaten track and discover Skye's charming but little-known 'Small Isles'.
- Accommodation listings aplenty, plus where to eat and drink.
- Detailed street maps will help you find your way around.
- Slim enough to fit in your pocket.
Packed with practical and detailed advice on how to navigate these breathtaking landscapes, this concise Footprintfocus guide will help you get the most out of your trip without weighing you down.
The content of Footprintfocus Skye & Outer Hebrides guide has been extracted from Footprint's Scotland Highlands & Islands Handbook.
2) Planning your trip
3) Skye & the Small Isles
4) Outer Hebrides (Loedhas/Lewis; Na Hearadh/Harris; The Uists, Benbecula & Barra; St Kilda)