Sie sparen 14%
Thoroughly updated with new video feature and expanded range of global case studies, the new edition of this bestselling text synthesizes theoretical depth and practical skills-building, developing critical understanding and good management practice. A holistic approach to the issues facing small businesses from start-up to growth and maturity.
This bestselling text provides students with a comprehensive introduction to entrepreneurship. Thoroughly updated with new case studies and video features, the new edition combines an international outlook and theoretical depth with good management practice, providing a complete guide to the life-cycle of a business from start-up to maturity.
In this holistic and practical introduction to Entrepreneurship & Small Business, Paul Burns takes a life-cycle view of a business, arming students with a comprehensive understanding of the many stages and forms of entrepreneurship.
The book unpicks exactly what makes an entrepreneur, what motivates them, how they manage and lead, and how their characteristics help shape the businesses they run.
What's new for this edition?
- Updated international case studies from entrepreneurs and small businesses, ranging from Oman to Australia (see list below for more details)
- First-hand, detailed stories from real-life entrepreneurs in brand new Meet the Entrepreneur video case studies
- Exploration of the growing importance of social and civic enterprise and hot topics such as effectuation and lean entrepreneurship
- Rich multimedia content in the form of additional teaching and learning resources on the companion website
This market-leading book offers a truly global selection of case studies:
- 97 cases from across Europe
- 22 cases from the U.S.
- 9 cases from Far Asia
- 7 cases from the Middle East
- 6 cases from Southern Asia
- 6 cases from Australia
PART I: ENTREPRENEURSHIP .- 1. Entrepreneurship: The Social and Business Revolution.- 2. The Economics of Entrepreneurship and Public Policy.- 3. The Entrepreneurial Character.- 4. Discovering a Business Idea.- 5. Researching and Evaluating the Business Idea.- PART II: START-UP.- 6. Start-up: Developing Your Business Model.- 7. Adding Values to the Business Model.- 8. Launching the Business.- 9. Legal Foundations.- 10. Operations and Risk.- 11. Financial Management.- PART III: GROWTH.- 12. Growth: Building the Foundations.- 13. Strategies for Growth.- 14. Financing the Business.- 15. From Business Model to Business Plan.- PART IV: MATURITY.- 16. Maturity: Success and Failure.- 17. Family Business.- 18. From Entrepreneur to Entrepreneurial Leader.- 19. Corporate Entrepreneurship.