Your journey starts here. We\'ve reimagined and updated our iconic DK Eyewitness travel guides. This brand new South Africa guide, now in a lightweight format, has been expertly curated with all new photography plus DK\'s much-loved illustrations and maps.
- Gorgeous, all-new color photography so you can imagine yourself there
- Reasons to love South Africa: world-class museums, the magnificent Table Mountain, getting up close to amazing wildlife on a safari - what will yours be?
- See South Africa from a different angle: lots of fresh ideas for exploring the city
- A fully illustrated and detailed field guide to South Africa\'s incredible wildlife
- A year-long calendar of events in South Africa gives a selection of local events and festivals for all seasons
- Expert advice covers the practical stuff: get ready, get around and stay safe
- Detailed color maps help you navigate the country with ease
- Expert tips to make memories that last - where to snap and share the perfect photo, take in stunning views and escape the crowds
- The most authentic places to stay, eat, drink and shop
- Easy-to-follow walks and itineraries take you on a tour of each area, with plenty of food and drink stops en route.
- Hand-drawn illustrations highlight the must-see attractions, including the Castle of Good Hope, Boschendal Manor House and the V&A Waterfront.
- Covers Cape Town; The Western Cape and Southern Cape; The East Coast and Interior; Gauteng, Limpopo and Mpumalanga; and The Arid Interior.
DK Eyewitness Travel South Africa is a detailed, easy-to-use guide designed to help you create your own unique trip.
Planning a shorter break? Try our Top 10 Cape Town and the Winelands.
About DK Eyewitness Travel: For 25 years, DK\'s beautifully practical Eyewitness guides have been combining inspiring ideas and expert advice with easy-to-read maps and vivid photography to inform and enrich your holiday. In 2018 the Eyewitness series was relaunched with a stunning new look that you will love even more. DK is the world\'s leading illustrated reference publisher, producing beautifully designed books for adults and children in over 120 countries.
"Known... for its four-color maps, photos and illustrations, the [DK] Eyewitness Guides are extremely user-friendly for travelers who want their information delivered in a concise, visual way." - Chicago Tribune
"The best option... Color photos, maps, and diagrams bring the place to life." - The Philadelphia Inquirer