Sie sparen 16%
The "Gold Standard" in Biochemistry text books. Biochemistry 4e, is a modern classic that has been thoroughly revised. Don and Judy Voet explain biochemical concepts while offering a unified presentation of life and its variation through evolution. Incorporates both classical and current research to illustrate the historical source of much of our biochemical knowledge.
Guide to Media Resources.
PART I INTRODUCTION AND BACKGROUND.
2. Aqueous Solutions.
3. Thermodynamic Principles: A Review.
PART II: BIOMOLECULES.
4. Amino Acids.
5. Nucleic Acids, Gene Expression, and Recombinant DNA Technology.
6. Techniques of Protein and Nucleic Acid Purification.
7. Covalent Structures of Proteins and Nucleic Acids.
8. Three-Dimensional Structures of Proteins.
9. Protein Folding, Dynamics, and Structural Evolution.
10. Hemoglobin: Protein Function in Microcosm.
11. Sugars and Polysaccharides.
12. Lipids and Membranes.
PART III: MECHANISMS OF ENZYME ACTION.
13. Introduction to Enzymes.
14. Rates of Enzymatic Reactions.
15. Enzymatic Catalysis.
PART IV: METABOLISM.
16. Introduction to Metabolism.
18. Glycogen Metabolism.
19. Signal Transduction.
20. Transport Through Membranes.
21. Citric Acid Cycle.
22. Electron Transport and Oxidative Phosphorylation.
23. Other Pathways of Carbohydrate Metabolism.
25. Lipid Metabolism.
26. Amino Acid Metabolism.
27. Energy Metabolism: Integration and Organ Specialization.
28. Nucleotide Metabolism.
PART V: EXPRESSION AND TRANSMISSION OF GENETIC INFORMATION.
29. Nucleic Acid Structures.
30. DNA Replication, Repair, and Recombination.31. Transcription.
33. Viruses: Paradigms for Cellular Function.
34. Eukaryotic Gene Expression.
35. Molecular Physiology.
(Chapters 33-35 are available on our website, www.wiley.com/college/voet).